Monday, July 18, 2011

Interview with Christian Author Paulette Harper

Paulette Harper is a native Californian and was the youngest of eight children. She is the author of such books as That Was Then, This Is Now, which was nominated as a finalist in the 2009 Next Generation Indie book awards. She is the co-author of two anthologies, Victorious Living for Women and Victorious Living for Moms. Besides writing nonfiction, she enjoys sports, playing cards and spoiling her only granddaughter. Paulette is the mother of two daughters, is a Christian life coach and Inspirational speaker.

Hello Paulette. Please tell us about your new book, Completely Whole.



Completely Whole is inspiring, optimistic, hopeful and encouraging while providing a clear-cut, scriptural blueprint for each reader to follow as they allow the Word and the power of God to transform their pain and restore their lives on their road to becoming "Completely Whole." Readers of Completely Whole will find that it is not a book to just read once, but it can be used as a study guide to help one along the way in dealing with some of the issues that block a person from living a life of wholeness, spirit, soul and body.

You show readers how to overcome suffering caused by alcoholism, substance abuse, poverty, and other obstacles that prevent a happy life. Do you have any stories you would like to share where you have helped someone?

One reader made this statement “After reading Completely Whole, I had pages and pages of notes. I felt completely whole after I finished reading it. I'm not saying that after reading this book everything will be perfect in your life. But, it will help you focus on what is important in your life. ‘Regardless of your current condition, there is a better place that God has for you (Chapter 3).’ When I read those words, all I could do was cry and cry. I thank God for using Paulette Harper-Johnson to write a powerful book.”
 

What a wonderful comment about your book. What are your suggestions in helping people who have alcoholism and substance abuse problems?

For those having to deal with these life altering issues, I suggest one if not all of the following:

1. Admit that the issue exists and you are willing to seek help from either a spiritual leader, licensed counselor or program.

2. Church support groups are a great way to discuss and find solutions to help one with a step-by-step approach in getting victory.

3. Depending on the severity of the problem, one may want to commit to a program that requires a person to stay for an extended period of time.

4. Determine what in your life triggers those compulsive behavior patterns. Take a look at events, people, and the environment around you that may push you to resulting back to those destructive lifestyles.

That is great advice, Paulette. What does your family think about your writing?

My family is ecstatic about my writing journey. I am the first published author in my family which makes it even more of blessing to have achieved such a tremendous accomplishment.

Thank you for this lovely interview. I know you must be helping many people. Now it’s time to tell us something about the real you that we’ll never
forget.

Wow, Linda. I remember when I was about 4, I was very inquisitive about the use of scissors. So I decided to use them to do my first haircut. I cut about 4 inches of my bands off and immediately hid my hair in our family bible for fear of getting a spanking. My mother didn’t spank me and that was the first and last time, until I grew up that I cut my hair. My granddaughter followed in my shoes, she at 4 years of age decided to do her first haircut. She cut her bands as well.

That is so funny. I think we all can relate to that situation in one way or another. Just a while ago, my little granddaughter Amber cut her own hair, but she butchered the whole top of her head…from her bangs to her crown. My daughter, Diana, couldn’t even trim her hair so it would blend in. All she could do was put a hat on her when they went to town. Hahaha! It was sad but funny.

11 comments:

Cathryn Hasek said...

Hello! I really enjoyed this blog post, Linda! Thanks for sharing it on Shewrites so I could find it!

I write Christian non-fiction myself and also use a lot of personal and family issues in my writing.

I love how your family is so proud of you and admires your writing abilities, Paulette...that is so great!

Blessings and thanks for the post!

Cathryn Hasek
cathryn@cathrynhasek.com

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Thanks, Cathryn, for stopping by. It's nice to meet another Christian author.

Mutti said...

Oh, I know I would like to read your book, Paulette. I think it would make a great Christmas present for some on my gift list, too.

I do like that quote you used at the end of the blog, Linda.

Cathryn, I enjoyed reading a couple of your blog posts but didn't find any of your books on your blog. Have you shared any with Linda? I would like to read an interview that Linda might do with you.

Thanks, Linda, for a 'thinking start' to the day!

Laurean Brooks said...

Hi Paulette, Great to meet you. My younger sister cut her bangs, too. They were a mess and we have the pic to prove it, even after 4 decades. Ha!

I'd love to win a copy of your book Self-help, especially Christian self help books are right down my alley.

Congratulations on the release! And Linda, thank you for hosting Paulette. The interview is interesting and lively.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

what wonderful worth to share with your audience, Paulette! wounded healers are always God's vessels of honour... thank you for encouraging us in our own journey knowing it will be used for the blessing of others through our own healing...

Nothing But Books said...

Thank you Linda for the feature and all the lovely ladies that responded.

God Mission Possible said...

Great interview Paulette. Completely Whole will bring restoration to countless readers as it ministers with the love and wisdom God has given you to share in this great book. Thanks Linda.

JD Holiday said...

Hi Linda!
Great interview! It's wonderful to learn more about Paulette!

Jan

Judi Chesshir said...

I wish you the best with your book!

Nothing But Books said...

Thanks everyone for the support

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations, Laurean! You are the winner of Paulette's wonderful book. I hope it uplifts you and helps you in your life.