Monday, April 6, 2015

Interview with Humorous Romance Author Teresa Ives Lilly


Lilly is the author of 9 Novellas and 4 Novels.  She writes Christian Romance and is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers group.  Her books can be seen on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Smashwords, and Lovely Romance Press.


 Welcome back to my blog, Teresa. Mammie's Mail Order Bride sounds humorous and romantic. Please tell us about your new book.
Mammie’s Mail Order Bride is about how Mammie has ordered a Mail Order Bride for her son Stephen, so she can have grandchildren eventually.  Sally Jersey has filled the position, but has brought along 4 nieces and nephews…. Mammie is pleased to have an immediate set of grandchildren, but Stephen, who didn’t even want a wife, is not happy at all.  

This sounds like a hoot. Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

This book has actually been in my mind for over ten years.  The first page was written that long ago.  I just love Mail Order Bride stories, but wanted a unique twist.  Having Mammie order the bride seemed unique.

Most definitely! I like this new twist. What kind of research did you do for this book?

Researching Mail Order Brides for me is just reading other Mail Order Bride books…. 

That’s right. You can get a lot of good ideas and info that way. You love to write sweet romances. What intrigues you most about writing this genre?

I love sweet romance, but actually don’t read too many of them, because I always think I should be busy writing one…. It’s the only type of book I even care to write…

I know what you mean. When I changed genre, from romance to mystery, I couldn’t help but add some romance to each book. Where can my readers find you online?

Thank you for this wonderful interview, Teresa. I hope my readers will check your books out.

9 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh I love Mail order bride books!
This one sounds great! I would love to read this (if I win or not).

Thanks - forevereading at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

This story sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to see the guys reaction when he discovers what his mother has done...LOL. Congrats on your book.
grandmabkr at yahoo dot com

Sonja said...

I love humorous books and can't get enough of them. I hope to be one of winners! I am crossing my fingers! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

Nancy said...

I enjoy humorous books written by Christian authors. Hard to find but well worth the search. Thanks for this opportunity.

Linda Kish said...

This sounds fun. I'd love to read it.

mnleona said...

That is why I wanted my kids to be married, to have grandchildren. I have 8 and 2 great grandsons. I had to laught at the mother's reasons.
This is a great opening to a book. I will read this one.

Anonymous said...

I love mail order bride stories. Too bad I don't have a reader.

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations to Wall-to-Wall Books! I know you'll enjoy this book very much.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Thank you!
I am very excited!