Monday, November 9, 2015

Interview with Comedy/Romance Author Brooke Williams

Brooke Williams is a former radio announcer turned stay at home mom/freelance writer/author. She has two daughters and has been married since 2002. Brooke has written numerous novels including “Someone Always Loved You,” “Beyond the Bars,” and the recent romantic comedies “Accept this Dandelion,” “Wrong Place, Right Time,” “Mamarazzi,” and many more.

Welcome back to my blog, Brooke. Dandelions on the Road is the second book in the Dandelion Series. I absolutely loved the first book in this series because it had so much humor. Please tell us about this new story.

I didn’t intend for “Accept this Dandelion” to turn into a series. The truth of the matter is that the third runner up on the show that the novel covers would NOT leave me alone. She wanted me to write her story. “Accept this Dandelion” shows a Bachelor-like dating show and this book is a Bachelorette type show with a female in the decision role. She’s a gorgeous girl with a big heart and the men fall all over themselves to get on her good side. But she’s also not willing to settle for love and she wants to find the exact right man, on or off the show.

In your first book, it was a Bachelor Dating Show. Now it’s a Bachelorette Show. Where did you get your inspiration for the Dandelion Series and how many books do you expect to write for it?

I wrote the first book because I enjoy “The Bachelor” TV show and see the humor potential behind the show. After I wrote the first book and enjoyed the experience SO much, I thought, hmm, too bad that’s it because that was way too much fun! But I never expected a second book to pop into my mind in relation to it. I have also since written a third book called “After the Final Dandelion.” No spoilers, but it includes a wedding. I have a fourth book in mind, but I don’t know if/when I’ll get to it so it will be a three book series for sure, possibly four.

What intrigues you most about dating shows such as the ones in your two books?

It’s always interesting to hear people’s love stories and how they met the person they married. Who doesn’t love a good romance, right? I watch these shows with fascination about the people and their reasons for going on the show. I also wondered what the show would be like with someone more like me on it, which is where I got the idea for Book 1. The main character in that book is not an ideal candidate on such a show! Book 2 explores the idea of someone going on the show and finding lots of great candidates, but maybe not the exact right fit…then what?!

Please tell us about one of the main characters in this story and what you like about him or her.

If you have read any of my previous novels, you may sometimes recognize characters who cross over. This book takes Eva, who played a small part in “Accept this Dandelion,” and gives her a main role. It also rejuvenates Brian Schaffer from “Wrong Place, Right Time.” In that book, he’s a news anchor and in this book, he resumes that role. He also takes on the job of hosting the dating game show. I really like his character. He’s the type of guy who has trouble saying no and he’ll do just about anything for just about anyone. He also has a dimple that never disappears, which is charming and alluring all at once.

Where can my readers find you online?

I love facebook connections so give my page a like and keep in touch that way!
I also have a website that includes a blog and you can sign up to receive the blog easily there: www.authorbrookewilliams.com

Thank you very much for this fun interview. Below is my review of this cute story.

“Dandelions on the Road is such a cute take on a Bachelorette Reality Show. This time Eva, from book one, is going to date twelve men and find out which one is meant for her. She is a very sweet personality and does not want to hurt anyone during this show. That is why the decision of choosing one man is so difficult. Also, she has learned to love different things about each bachelor for one reason or another. This to me was very interesting and I began to wonder if it would be hard to choose the right man if I were in her shoes.

“Brian, the show’s host, has gotten to know Eva quite well, because he worked with her several months before the Bachelorette Show and now during the show. He soon finds himself in a dilemma, because he is the host of the show and falling in love with the Bachelorette. What is he to do at this point? This is a fun read!”
–Review by Author Linda Weaver Clarke

6 comments:

Sonja said...

Big change in occupations from radio to writing. I wish you lots of success!

Linda Kish said...

I loved Accept This Dandelion. I would love to win this book so I could enjoy it as well. Brooke is a good writer. lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Melanie Backus said...

Thank you for a great interview! Keeping my fingers crossed!

mauback55 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Sweet interview, and I love the cover photo.
This takes me back almost forty years to our
oldest son. He came running into the kitchen
with his chubby hands presented me with a gift
of dandelions. He was about four and so proud.
May you continue to write and enjoy your new focus.

Unknown said...

Melanie Backus, you win!!

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations, Melanie! I know you'll enjoy this sweet romance.