Monday, June 13, 2016

Interview with Inspirational Romance Author Mary L. Ball


Mary L. Ball is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and resides in North Carolina. Her novels include, Escape to Big Fork Lake, Redemption in Big Fork Lake, Stone of Destiny, Postmarked Ever After, and Christmas at Angel Ranch.

When Mary isn't working on her latest story, she enjoys fishing, reading, and singing with her husband at church functions. Watch for Mary's two new releases, Sparks of Love and A Love Valley Christmas scheduled for November 2016.


Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about your Inspirational Romance, Stone of Destiny.

Taylor Harrison has given up on everything but her work. After becoming the youngest CEO of Mugful’s Beverage Company, she believes life is complete--until her grandmother asks her to oversee the renovations of the family home, in addition to searching for a missing heirloom. Her first contact with what she believes is an insignificant ring, lost for fifty years, sends her life spinning. Taylor experiences strange dreams. Unexpected feelings surface that she doesn't understand. Thoughts that should remain unspoken are voiced. Taylor’s emotional journey begins, testing a heart as cold as the ring itself and forcing her to question everything she believes. Is this a fairytale, or simply her soul reaching out for a different world--a life she can only find through faith and a divine trust in God?

Where did you get your inspiration for this story?

Stone of Destiny is a book I felt compelled to write. I was passing by my oldest grandson one day; his nose was deep into one of those YA books about magic. The thought came to me that there all kinds of captivating wonder around and real miracles. So I set out to write a fictional story that starts with a simple object but becomes hope to hang on to through faith and prayer.                 

What kind of research did you do?

In Stone of Destiny Taylor, my main character must temporarily relocate to Panama.
I’ve never had the pleasure of going to Central America so I did a lot of arm chair visits to get the scenery and the attractions correct.

Do you consider your female characters to be strong and feisty or meek yet spirited?

Taylor is strong to a fault due to some childhood insecurities. She never knew the way she was raised had impacted her life until things began to force her to change her routine.


Where can my readers find you online?




Thank you so much for this interview, Mary. I hope my readers will check out this new book.

8 comments:

Mary L. Ball said...

Linda, thank you for allowing me to be on your lovely blog. I'm excited to meet some of your readers.

Unknown said...

Stone of Destiny is an excellent story. Mary weaves reality and life with love for an elderly grandmother, and the opportunity of romance. Will her heroine allow God to lead? You won't be disappointed with her book.

Library Lady said...

Mary's book would be a wonderful addition to our Young Adult section of the Church Library.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to win her book.
Janet E.
von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

Sonja said...

I think this sounds so good. I love inspirational stories. They are the best!

Jackie Tessnair said...

This book sounds very interesting.I am looking forward to reading it.jackie_tessnair@yahoo.com

Mary L. Ball said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you comments.

Patricia P. said...

Stone of Destiny sounds like a terrific book. Would love to win a copy. Thanks for the giveaway. choirlady27@hotmail.com

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

Congratulations to Patricia. You are the winner of this wonderful book. I know you'll enjoy it.